Steve A. • March 11, 2019 • Newsletter
Last modified: April 24, 2019
I really appreciate how practical most of these are. If you want to get into something long term, like a blog for money, it helps to get reps at simpler ways to make money online first.
Just saying….. You could also
Sell Yourself: Make Money from Your Body
When it comes to making fast cash, few things are as effective as selling your body. And I’m not talking about the oldest profession. There are plenty of ways to legally make money from your body. You’ll get some fast cash, and, in some cases, your assets are renewable.
1. Donate Plasma One of the easiest ways to make some cash regularly from your body is to donate plasma. Use DonatingPlasma.org to find a reputable location near you. You can receive anywhere between $20 and $35 a pint, and you can go twice in any seven day period, provided you wait at least two days in between. So, even if you only make the minimum, that’s $40 a week, or $160 a month. Not bad for a little fast cash.
2. Sell Your Hair There is actually a market for human hair. It you have long hair — especially hair that is fairly healthy — you might be able to sell it. You can expect your hair to sell for between $10 and $30 an ounce, depending on the color and quality of your hair. One of the easiest places to sell your hair is eBay, but you can also check with local wig makers and doll makers.
3. Donate Bone Marrow It’s a little harder to find a reputable place to make a bone marrow donation, but if you can find one you can make as much $450 for two days of your time. Be prepared, though: It can be painful.
4. Donate Sperm Men can earn money through sperm donation. However, in many cases, you have to be willing to commit to six months of specific guidelines in how you can release your sperm, you can make up to $40 a donation. $40/month for six months isn’t too bad. If you don’t mind making less, some centers will pay less for a sample of lower quality.
5. Donate Eggs Women can earn money for providing their eggs. The process is more difficult than sperm donation is for men, but it can also mean more cash in your pocket. If you are willing to give up some of your eggs, you could make a decent amount of money — especially if you can show that you have high intelligence and other desirable characteristics.
6. Paid Testing Even if you don’t want to sell bits of yourself to make a quick buck, you can still use your body to earn a little money. Drug companies, cosmetic companies, and other companies pay humans to test their products. You might be paid $10 to $20 for coming in for a day, or you might be able to participate in a study that pays more for your willingness to participate over time. Just make sure you are dealing with a reputable clinic before you agree.
7. Join a Focus group In some cases, all you need is your warm body to show up for a focus group. You can earn anywhere from $10 to as much as $200 an hour to participate in a focus group. I once participated in an hour-long interview session over the phone, and was paid $150 for my time.
Hi Steve, Thanks for reposting this little gem! I especially like how filling out surveys and those smaller (micro)money generating items are not included.
There are also a few other methods to earn continual income that can be considered as well: (1) Using AirBNB to rent out a room, or host an experience. (2) Transcribe articles (not mass amounts of money, but money can continually be earned). (3) Teach English online to students around the world (generally just need a bachelor’s degree).
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.